WELCOME TO GRACE CHURCH!
John Dix first came to Grace Church in 1999. He served as associate pastor for several years, before taking the lead pastor position in 2011.
John grew up as a missionary kid in the Democratic Republic of Congo and moved back to the United States when he was 13. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, as well as a Master of Theology degree from Dallas Theological Seminary. In 2008, he completed his Doctor of Ministry degree at Biola University’s Talbot School of Theology. John has traveled and studied in Israel, and has led multiple short-term mission trips to various locations around the world.
John is passionate about equipping people with truth, knowledge and boldness, so they can lead others to Christ. He believes wholeheartedly in God’s unique purpose for everyone and has devoted his life to leading others in the life-long journey of following Jesus.
John lives in Glendora, CA with his wife, Carolee, and their three kids, Claire, Luke, and Audrey. You can hear more of John’s teachings on Sunday morning or by visiting our Media page.
We like referring to all of us at Grace as the “Grace Family,” because that’s what we are – a family. Our desire is for you to feel at home, get connected and form meaningful relationships with people who encourage and uplift you. Whether you are a long-time member or a first-time visitor, there is a place for you at Grace. You matter!
Our passion is to equip you in every way we can, so that you will go home and change your world – the 8 to 15 people that God has supernaturally and strategically placed in your life. As a church, our mission is to win the lost for Christ. We do that by taking intentional next steps in our worship services, our small groups, giving, and in serving. We want you to be bold and courageous in pursuing the plans God has for you, and as you do, to experience the unstoppable grace of a life lived by faith.
We hope you will join us on this incredible journey that God is taking Grace Church on!
“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
– Matthew 4:19 (NIV)
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- ONE GOD: Holy, infinite, eternal and unchangeable, subsisting in a mysterious and eternal trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- ONE WORD: The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, given by plenary and verbal inspiration of God, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- ONE CONDEMNATION: All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- ONE SAVIOR: The Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh; in His essential deity, virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, physical and bodily resurrection from the grave and His ascension into heaven from whence He shall return personally and premillennially to set up an earthly kingdom.
- ONE ATONEMENT FOR SIN: Made by Jesus Christ in a substitutionary and sacrificial death on the cross, sufficient for all, available for all, taking every legal obstacle out of the way of all, and on these grounds to be offered to all, and that all must be born again or be forever lost.
- ONE SPIRIT: God, the Holy Ghost, through whose sovereign agency in regeneration, the soul, dead in sin, is made alive in Christ, and through whose sovereign agency in sanctification, the soul is changed more and more into the divine image from glory to glory.
- ONE LIFE: The life hid with Christ in God – the life eternal; begun when a sinner believes and receives Him, and continues thereafter by effectual and sovereign grace of God.
- ONE CHURCH: Which is Christ’s body, all the members of which God hath from the beginning chose in Christ to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.
- TWO DESTINIES: Heaven and Hell; that Heaven is a place of eternal life with Christ, and that Hell is a place of eternal death and separation from God.
- ONE SATAN: Both tempter and accuser who exists in personality and reality.
- ONE COMMISSION: The great evangelistic and missionary commission given by Jesus Christ to the disciples and the continuing church.
- THAT BLESSED HOPE: The personal, premillennial return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- ORDINANCES: The Ordinances of the Gospel are baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
BAPTISM is the immersion in water of a believer in Christ (“. . . in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost . . .”) and symbolizes the believer’s death, burial and resurrection with Christ to walk in newness of life.
THE LORD’S SUPPER is a commemoration of His broken body and shed blood for the remission of sin and symbolizes the fact that the believer identifies himself with the death of Jesus Christ. This ordinance should be partaken only by those whose faith is in Christ and it is to continue till He comes.
Life At Grace
There's something for everyone at Grace. Connect, get involved and experience the heartbeat of the church.
Jr High is designed to help 7th and 8th grade students build relationships and strengthen their faith in God. At this stage in their lives, students are starting to own their faith and wrestle with what it actually means to follow Jesus. They are also looking for stable friendships with peers and leaders that they can trust.
The High School Group exists to help high school students build deeper relationships with God, each other, their families, and their community. The high school years hold many important character-shaping moments and students are asking “who am I” and “what will I do?” They are also looking for stable friendships with peers and leaders that they can trust.
Spiritual Growth is marked by ups and downs; times of nearness and times of distance from God. Every step of the way God is inviting us to seek Him in our inner being where we discover who we are in Christ. What’s God inviting you to?Let us help you take your next step.
We care deeply for those most in need, and embrace opportunities to extend Jesus' love across the globe, in genuine and practical ways.