WELCOME TO GRACE CHURCH!
John Dix first came to Grace Church in 1999. He served as associate pastor for several years, before taking the lead pastor position in 2011.
John grew up as a missionary kid in the Democratic Republic of Congo and moved back to the United States when he was 13. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, as well as a Master of Theology degree from Dallas Theological Seminary. In 2008, he completed his Doctor of Ministry degree at Biola University’s Talbot School of Theology. John has traveled and studied in Israel, and has led multiple short-term mission trips to various locations around the world.
John is passionate about equipping people with truth, knowledge and boldness, so they can lead others to Christ. He believes wholeheartedly in God’s unique purpose for everyone and has devoted his life to leading others in the life-long journey of following Jesus.
John lives in Glendora, CA with his wife, Carolee, and their three kids, Claire, Luke, and Audrey. You can hear more of John’s teachings on Sunday morning or by visiting our Media page.
Young Adults / Small
Elementary Ministry Director
Director of Spiritual
High School Pastor
Director of Social Media
Associate Pastor Spanish Ministry
Jr. High Pastor
Spanish Ministry Director
Chief Stewardship Officer
ZACK AND LARA STREMEL
John Dix is currently the lead pastor of Grace Church and has been attending with his wife, Carolee, since he graduated from seminary in 1999. John received his Master of Theology Degree from Dallas Seminary in 1999 and his Doctor of Ministry Degree in 2008. He has a passion to preach God’s Word, serve His family, and love his wife and their three children, Claire, Luke, and Audrey.
Contact: (626) 335-4067
Grace Church has been such a blessing to his family and in his community. Carlos loves what God is doing here. He has been called to glorify God by having a positive influence on those around him through servant leadership. He and his wife, Carolina, aim to model God’s loving care within their family and for those they work with by serving them with love and gusto. In addition to being the owner/operator of Chick-fil-A in Azusa, Carlos also teaches as an adjunct professor at Azusa Pacific University.
Region of Care: Azusa & Covina
Bob and Charlene have attended Grace Church for 41 years. They have served in a variety of ministries such as children’s and student ministries, adult Bible classes and teaching, hospitality, and music. Bob has served several times in the ministry of leadership as a deacon and elder at Grace Church over the past 30 years. Bob retired from the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department in 2012 after 38 years of service, and now works for the Evangelical Free Church of America as the director of church health for EFCA West, serving some 200 churches in seven western states.
Region of Care: San Dimas, La Verne and Points East and South
Cliff and his wife, Diane, Have been a part of Grace Church for 17 years. Cliff is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in San Dimas and Diane is a Registered Nurse. Cliff is a small group leader, taught adult Sunday school and taught as an adjunct professor of psychology for 17 years before retiring from APU. Diane has served on a short-term medical mission trip to the Philippines and served in various roles in Walk through Bethlehem. Cliff and Diane have two children, Nicole and Laurie. As a family, they enjoy camping, sports activities and gardening.
Region of Care: North Glendora
Viken, Kelly, and their son Nathan, have been a part of Grace Church since 2004. They have been involved in many ministries here at Grace, some of which include Worship, junior High, Sports, small group and Mexico Outreach. They own/operate an insurance brokerage company in Monrovia. They enjoy many great outdoor activities and fellowship with friends. This church has been a great blessing to the three of them and has done great things in their lives. There is nothing more powerful than God’s transformative work in their lives.
Region of Care: Glendora
He and his wife, Linda, love Grace Church because of the strong commitment to the centrality of God’s Word in their lives. He has enjoyed leading a Bible study and prayer meeting for the Spanish-speaking congregation. Daniel currently works for Downey Unified School District as a Network IT Specialist. But, his 18 years of service in the Navy has prepared Daniel well to serve others. He is most fulfilled when helping people. The more he serves, the more God reveals Himself to Daniel. He and Linda are very excited about all that God is doing here at Grace Church.
Region of Care: Spanish Speaking Members
Grace Church has been the home of worship, growth and learning for my wife Shehani, son Sheran and I over the last 12 years. We have been abundantly blessed by various ministries of Grace Church. Glorifying Him through praise and worship has been my humble and primary calling, which I engage with passion. I strive to be an example of the love that God bestows on us. Whether it is on the sports field refereeing soccer games or leading worship, my goal is to serve. I work as a Financial Analyst for Ernst and Young in Los Angeles
Region of Care: Covina
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- ONE GOD: Holy, infinite, eternal and unchangeable, subsisting in a mysterious and eternal trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- ONE WORD: The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, given by plenary and verbal inspiration of God, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- ONE CONDEMNATION: All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- ONE SAVIOR: The Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh; in His essential deity, virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, physical and bodily resurrection from the grave and His ascension into heaven from whence He shall return personally and premillennially to set up an earthly kingdom.
- ONE ATONEMENT FOR SIN: Made by Jesus Christ in a substitutionary and sacrificial death on the cross, sufficient for all, available for all, taking every legal obstacle out of the way of all, and on these grounds to be offered to all, and that all must be born again or be forever lost.
- ONE SPIRIT: God, the Holy Ghost, through whose sovereign agency in regeneration, the soul, dead in sin, is made alive in Christ, and through whose sovereign agency in sanctification, the soul is changed more and more into the divine image from glory to glory.
- ONE LIFE: The life hid with Christ in God – the life eternal; begun when a sinner believes and receives Him, and continues thereafter by effectual and sovereign grace of God.
- ONE CHURCH: Which is Christ’s body, all the members of which God hath from the beginning chose in Christ to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.
- TWO DESTINIES: Heaven and Hell; that Heaven is a place of eternal life with Christ, and that Hell is a place of eternal death and separation from God.
- ONE SATAN: Both tempter and accuser who exists in personality and reality.
- ONE COMMISSION: The great evangelistic and missionary commission given by Jesus Christ to the disciples and the continuing church.
- THAT BLESSED HOPE: The personal, premillennial return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- ORDINANCES: The Ordinances of the Gospel are baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
BAPTISM is the immersion in water of a believer in Christ (“. . . in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost . . .”) and symbolizes the believer’s death, burial and resurrection with Christ to walk in newness of life.
THE LORD’S SUPPER is a commemoration of His broken body and shed blood for the remission of sin and symbolizes the fact that the believer identifies himself with the death of Jesus Christ. This ordinance should be partaken only by those whose faith is in Christ and it is to continue till He comes.
Life At Grace
There's something for everyone at Grace. Connect, get involved and experience the heartbeat of the church.
Jr High is designed to help 7th and 8th grade students build relationships and strengthen their faith. At this stage in their lives, students are starting to own their faith and wrestle with what it actually means to follow Jesus. They are also looking for stable friendships with peers and leaders that they can trust.
The High School Group exists to help high school students build deeper relationships with God, each other, their families, and their community. The high school years hold many important character-shaping moments and students are asking “who am I” and “what will I do?” They are also looking for stable friendships with peers and leaders that they can trust.
Spiritual Growth is marked by ups and downs; times of nearness and times of distance from God. Every step of the way God is inviting us to seek Him in our inner being where we discover who we are in Christ. What’s God inviting you to?Let us help you take your next step. Donna Cooper
We care deeply for those most in need, and embrace opportunities to extend Jesus' love across the globe, in genuine and practical ways.